A special meeting of the HOA Board of Directors of Sunrise HOA, was held, via Zoom, on December 14, 2020.
Kim Nelson, Tom Low and Dave Britton were present. Kim Nelson served as Secretary of the meeting. Britt Slie and Josh Woodward were not present.
The first order of business was the 2021 Budget and letter to all HOA members – due to not having an annual meeting for 2020, it was agreed upon to send a letter to the HOA members, along with the 2021 budget). Upon motion duly made and seconded, a decision to send the annual budget and letter to HOA members was unanimously approved by the present Board members.
The next item of business was determining that invoices should be approved prior to any payments being made. Upon motion duly made and seconded, the decision to have invoices sent to the Board members, for approval, prior to any payments being made by the property manager, was unanimously approved by the present Board members. Board members shall respond within 48 hours to such request. If the proper response of the Board members is not received, the property manager shall go ahead and pay said invoice
The next item of business was the Holiday decoration award and the number of awards given. Upon motion duly made and seconded, the decision to reduce the amount of awards given to one (1) was unanimously approved by the present Board members.
The next items of business were discussions regarding the following matters:
1. Drafting of letter to the HOA members;
2. Reviewing the 2021 budget and requesting items be placed in their proper categories (Lawn / Maintenance / Postage and photocopies, etc.) on all future cash flow statements.
3. In order to reduce costs, any mailings to the HOA members (card stock/post card style) the mailings do not need to include photos and large print / PJ Morgan logo.
4. The present Board members discussed Board member terms and upcoming term expirations.
5. The present Board members discussed the need for requesting that invoices for lawn services, snow removal, etc., should be submitted on a monthly basis in order to keep track of payments vs amount of snow, etc.
6. The present Board members discussed the possibility of conducting the annual meeting / voting, via email (with voting buttons), if unable to conduct an in-person meeting by May, 2020.
7. The present Board members discussed discontinuing the HOA websites and only having the information provided on the PJ Morgan (Sunrise) page.
There being no further business was conducted and the meeting was adjourned.